The Foundation Center was established in 1956 and today supported by close to 550 foundations, the Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. The Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit the Center’s web site each day and are served in its five regional library/learning centers and its network of more than 450 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
A world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
To strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world.
- Philanthropy is an engine for positive social change worldwide.
- Transparency and accountability are keys to earning the public trust.
- Knowledge about philanthropy starts with accurate information.
- Access to accurate information about philanthropy advances responsible and effective use of resources.
- Grantmaker and nonprofit effectiveness is enhanced by shared information and understanding.
- We deliver the highest quality of service to all those who use our resources.
- We build partnerships that help us fulfill our mission.
- We recognize diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing our mission.
- We preserve our credibility by remaining independent
- We build capacity, talent, and excellence within the
- We embrace innovation and harness technology to maximize our effectiveness.
- We make a significant portion of our resources available
- We exercise fiscal responsibility as a means of achieving
The Foundation Center is the most authoritative source of information on private philanthropy in the United States and help grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the media, and the general public better understand the field of philanthropy.
Solid Rock Association is the Cooperating Collection which includes public-prrivate libraries, univeristies-colleges and other empowering centers.
The Center provides/ guide and serves underserved, under resourced and underconsidered indivuduals and other non-profit and non-govenrmental organisations in Ghana, quickly to the information you are looking for—instruction on funding research, help with proposal writing, tools for locating prospective funders, news and research on the field.